When is the best time to go to Basel?
When is the best time to go to Basel? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Basel are May, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- February is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May, June, July and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Basel a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||1°C/5°C||102mm||very bad weather||Basel in january|
|February||1°C/6°C||86mm||very bad weather||Basel in february|
|March||3°C/12°C||72mm||very bad weather||Basel in march|
|April||8°C/17°C||80mm||tolerable weather||Basel in april|
|May||11°C/20°C||129mm||good weather||Basel in may|
|June||14°C/24°C||120mm||tolerable weather||Basel in june|
|July||17°C/26°C||140mm||good weather||Basel in july|
|August||17°C/26°C||111mm||good weather||Basel in august|
|September||13°C/22°C||70mm||good weather||Basel in september|
|October||8°C/17°C||74mm||tolerable weather||Basel in october|
|November||7°C/11°C||102mm||bad weather||Basel in november|
|December||2°C/6°C||133mm||very bad weather||Basel in december|
Weather and climate in Basel
- Between the months of january and march the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 7°C and you can expect to have 72mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of april and june the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 15°C and it rains in june about 120mm.
- Between the months of july and september the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 12°C and, in september, 10 days of rain are expected.
- In october the climate is correct. The temperature rises to 17°C and, in october, 10 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of november the climate is bad. the thermometer goes up to 11°C°C and you can expect to have 102mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of december the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 13°C and you can expect to have 133mm of rainfall/month during this period.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Basel
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Basel: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Switzerland
Basel appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Switzerland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.