When is the best time to go to Basel?
When is the best time to go to Basel? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Basel are July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are June, July and August
- February is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May, July and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Basel a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||0°C/4°C||98mm||very bad weather||Basel in january|
|February||-0°C/5°C||90mm||very bad weather||Basel in february|
|March||2°C/12°C||73mm||very bad weather||Basel in march|
|April||7°C/17°C||84mm||tolerable weather||Basel in april|
|May||10°C/19°C||145mm||tolerable weather||Basel in may|
|June||14°C/23°C||132mm||tolerable weather||Basel in june|
|July||16°C/25°C||169mm||good weather||Basel in july|
|August||16°C/25°C||131mm||good weather||Basel in august|
|September||11°C/22°C||83mm||good weather||Basel in september|
|October||7°C/17°C||82mm||tolerable weather||Basel in october|
|November||6°C/11°C||96mm||bad weather||Basel in november|
|December||2°C/5°C||175mm||very bad weather||Basel in december|
Weather and climate in Basel
- Between the months of january and march the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 6°C and you can expect to have 73mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of april and june the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 15°C and it rains in june about 132mm.
- Between the months of july and september the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 11°C and, in september, 10 days of rain are expected.
- In october the climate is correct. The temperature rises to 17°C and, in october, 10 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of november the climate is bad. the thermometer goes up to 11°C°C and you can expect to have 96mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of december the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 12°C and you can expect to have 175mm of rainfall/month during this period.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Basel
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Basel: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Switzerland
Basel appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Switzerland appear on the map with a black icon. Hover for information about the climate.