Best time to go to Sintra Average weather of Sintra, Portugal
Discover the most favorable time to visit Sintra in Portugal from seasonal averages, here.
When is the best time to go to Sintra?
When is the best time to go to Sintra? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Sintra
- On average, the warmest months are July, August, September and October
- Sintra has dry periods in July and August
- The coldest months are January, February and March
- The rainiest months are November and December
- The best months for swimming are May, June, July, August, September, October and November
Annual weather in Sintra
For full information about the climate and weather in Sintra a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||54°F/61°F||good weather||Sintra in january|
|February||54°F/61°F||good weather||Sintra in february|
|March||54°F/65°F||good weather||Sintra in march|
|April||58°F/67°F||good weather||Sintra in april|
|May||59°F/70°F||perfect weather||Sintra in may|
|June||63°F/74°F||perfect weather||Sintra in june|
|July||65°F/76°F||perfect weather||Sintra in july|
|August||67°F/77°F||perfect weather||Sintra in august|
|September||67°F/77°F||perfect weather||Sintra in september|
|October||65°F/74°F||good weather||Sintra in october|
|November||59°F/67°F||good weather||Sintra in november|
|December||56°F/63°F||good weather||Sintra in december|
Weather and climate in Sintra
- Between january and february the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 61°F as maximum temperature in february and it rains in february about 3.5in.
- Between the months of march and may the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 85°F and, in may, 4 days of rain are expected.
- Between june and september the climate is perfect. By early evening, the temperature averages 74°F and it rains about 8% of the time in september.
- From october to november the climate is good. It is for example 67°F as maximum temperature in november and you can expect to have 5.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of december the climate is just OK. The temperature rises to 63°F and, in december, 5 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Sintra
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Sintra: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Sintra
Find out when Sintra has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Sintra
- Very low season in Sintra
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March and November.
- Low season in Sintra
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April and December.
- High season in Sintra
The number of visitors to Sintra is high in: May, June and October.
- Peek season in Sintra
The largest number of tourists visiting Sintra is during: July, August and September.
Figure: Visitor index for Sintra month by month
Best time for low prices in Sintra
Average prices of hotels in Sintra month by month
Generally, February is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Sintra. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Sintra
On average, it costs $ 18 per day to hire a car in Sintra. This price varies by $ 21 depending on the month. In november, hiring a car costs an average of $ 8.4 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 29.