Best time to go to Galway Average weather of Galway, Ireland
Get the perfect time to visit Galway in Ireland from seasonal averages below.
When is the best time to go to Galway?
When is the best time to go to Galway? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Galway are May, June, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are June, July, August and September
- The coldest months are January, February and December
- The rainiest months are January, February, August, November and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Galway a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Galway in january|
|bad weather||Galway in february|
|bad weather||Galway in march|
|bad weather||Galway in april|
|tolerable weather||Galway in may|
|tolerable weather||Galway in june|
|bad weather||Galway in july|
|bad weather||Galway in august|
|tolerable weather||Galway in september|
|tolerable weather||Galway in october|
|bad weather||Galway in november|
|bad weather||Galway in december|
Weather and climate in Galway
- In january the climate is the worst possible. In average, on the morning it is 43°F and it rains in january about 2.3in.
- From february to april the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 54°F in average and it rains about 1.5in each month.
- Between may and october the climate is passable, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 58°F°C and it rains about 2in each month.
- In the month of november the climate is bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 47°F and you can expect to have 2.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of december the climate is the worst possible. the thermometer goes up to 49°F°C and it rains about 44% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Galway
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Galway: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Ireland
Galway appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Ireland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.