When is the best time to go to Šumava National Park?
When is the best time to go to Šumava National Park? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Šumava National Park are May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are May, June and July
For full information about the climate and weather in Šumava National Park a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-3°C/2°C||109mm||very bad weather||Šumava National Park in january|
|February||-4°C/2°C||78mm||very bad weather||Šumava National Park in february|
|March||-0°C/6°C||93mm||very bad weather||Šumava National Park in march|
|April||6°C/12°C||85mm||bad weather||Šumava National Park in april|
|May||9°C/15°C||198mm||tolerable weather||Šumava National Park in may|
|June||13°C/18°C||187mm||tolerable weather||Šumava National Park in june|
|July||15°C/21°C||222mm||tolerable weather||Šumava National Park in july|
|August||15°C/21°C||176mm||tolerable weather||Šumava National Park in august|
|September||11°C/17°C||109mm||tolerable weather||Šumava National Park in september|
|October||5°C/11°C||91mm||very bad weather||Šumava National Park in october|
|November||3°C/7°C||59mm||very bad weather||Šumava National Park in november|
|December||-2°C/3°C||133mm||very bad weather||Šumava National Park in december|
Weather and climate in Šumava National Park
- Between january and march the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 6°C as maximum temperature in march and you can expect to have 93mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In april the climate is unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 21°C and it rains about 48% of the time in april.
- From may to september the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 17°C°C and you can expect to have 109mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is the worst possible. The temperature rises to 3°C and it rains about 61% of the time in december.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Šumava National Park
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Šumava National Park: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Czech Republic
Šumava National Park appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Czech Republic appear on the map with a black icon. Hover for information about the climate.