Best time to go to Lhasa Average weather of Lhasa, Tibet
Find the best time to go to Lhasa in Tibet from average climate conditions here.
When is the best time to go to Lhasa?
When is the best time to go to Lhasa? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Lhasa are June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are June, July and August
- Lhasa has dry periods in January, February, November and December
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are July and August
For full information about the climate and weather in Lhasa a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Lhasa in january|
|very bad weather||Lhasa in february|
|very bad weather||Lhasa in march|
|very bad weather||Lhasa in april|
|tolerable weather||Lhasa in may|
|good weather||Lhasa in june|
|good weather||Lhasa in july|
|good weather||Lhasa in august|
|good weather||Lhasa in september|
|very bad weather||Lhasa in october|
|very bad weather||Lhasa in november|
|very bad weather||Lhasa in december|
Weather and climate in Lhasa
- From january to april the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 49°F and it rains in april about 1.6in.
- In the month of may the climate is just OK. The temperature rises to 59°F.
- In the month of june the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 65°F in average and you can expect to have 2.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In july the climate is just OK. It is for example 68°F as maximum temperature in july and you can expect to have 4.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From august to september the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 47°F and it rains about 43% of the time in september.
- Between october and december the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 58°F and, in december, 1 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Lhasa
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Lhasa: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Tibet
Lhasa appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Tibet appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.