Best time to go to Lhasa Average weather of Lhasa, Tibet
Find the best time to go to Lhasa in Tibet from average climate conditions here.
When is the best time to go to Lhasa?
When is the best time to go to Lhasa? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Lhasa are June, July and August
- On average, the warmest months are June, July and August
- Lhasa has dry periods in January, November and December
- January is the coldest month of the year
- July is the rainiest month
Annual weather in Lhasa
For full information about the climate and weather in Lhasa a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||14°F/36°F||very bad weather||Lhasa in january|
|February||16°F/41°F||very bad weather||Lhasa in february|
|March||23°F/45°F||very bad weather||Lhasa in march|
|April||34°F/52°F||very bad weather||Lhasa in april|
|May||45°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Lhasa in may|
|June||52°F/68°F||good weather||Lhasa in june|
|July||54°F/68°F||good weather||Lhasa in july|
|August||52°F/68°F||good weather||Lhasa in august|
|September||49°F/65°F||tolerable weather||Lhasa in september|
|October||38°F/56°F||very bad weather||Lhasa in october|
|November||27°F/47°F||very bad weather||Lhasa in november|
|December||18°F/41°F||very bad weather||Lhasa in december|
Weather and climate in Lhasa
- From january to april the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 43°F and it rains in april about 2.8in.
- In the month of may the climate is just OK. The temperature rises to 59°F.
- In the month of june the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 65°F in average and you can expect to have 3.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In july the climate is just OK. It is for example 68°F as maximum temperature in july and you can expect to have 7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From august to september the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 49°F and it rains about 19% of the time in september.
- Between october and december the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 59°F and, in december, 0 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Lhasa
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Lhasa: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Lhasa
Find out when Lhasa has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Lhasa
- Very low season in Lhasa
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, April, November and December.
- Low season in Lhasa
The months with low numbers of tourists are: May.
- High season in Lhasa
The number of visitors to Lhasa is high in: June, July, September and October.
- Peek season in Lhasa
The largest number of tourists visiting Lhasa is during: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Lhasa month by month
Best time for low prices in Lhasa
Average prices of hotels in Lhasa month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Lhasa. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Lhasa
A return flight between London and Lhasa is generally cheaper if you go in october ($ 1193 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 526 more for your airline ticket to Lhasa if you go in july.