Best time to go to Kolkata Average weather of Kolkata, India
Find the best time to visit Kolkata in India from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Kolkata?
When is the best time to go to Kolkata? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Kolkata are January, February, March, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are March, April, May and June
- Kolkata has dry periods in January and December
- The rainiest months are July and August
For full information about the climate and weather in Kolkata a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|perfect weather||Kolkata in january|
|perfect weather||Kolkata in february|
|good weather||Kolkata in march|
|tolerable weather||Kolkata in april|
|bad weather||Kolkata in may|
|bad weather||Kolkata in june|
|tolerable weather||Kolkata in july|
|tolerable weather||Kolkata in august|
|tolerable weather||Kolkata in september|
|good weather||Kolkata in october|
|perfect weather||Kolkata in november|
|perfect weather||Kolkata in december|
Weather and climate in Kolkata
- Between january and february the climate is very good. At lunchtime, it's 88°F in average and, in february, 1 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of march the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 97°F°C and you can expect to have 0.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between april and june the climate is unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 92°F and you can expect to have 2.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From july to august the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 92°F as maximum temperature in august and, in august, 22 days of rain are expected.
- In september the climate is okay. By early evening, the temperature averages 83°F.
- In october the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 90°F in average and it rains about 34% of the time in october.
- Between november and december the climate is perfect. The record temperature this month is 90°F and it rains in december about 0.1in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Kolkata
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Kolkata: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of India
Kolkata appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in India appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.