Best time to go to Kolkata Average weather of Kolkata, India
Find the best time to visit Kolkata in India from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Kolkata?
When is the best time to go to Kolkata? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Kolkata are January, February, March, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are March, April, May and June
- Kolkata has dry periods in January and December
- The rainiest months are July and August
Annual weather in Kolkata
For full information about the climate and weather in Kolkata a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||72°F/85°F||perfect weather||Kolkata in january|
|February||77°F/92°F||perfect weather||Kolkata in february|
|March||86°F/99°F||good weather||Kolkata in march|
|April||92°F/104°F||tolerable weather||Kolkata in april|
|May||92°F/103°F||tolerable weather||Kolkata in may|
|June||92°F/101°F||tolerable weather||Kolkata in june|
|July||88°F/94°F||tolerable weather||Kolkata in july|
|August||86°F/94°F||tolerable weather||Kolkata in august|
|September||86°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Kolkata in september|
|October||83°F/92°F||good weather||Kolkata in october|
|November||79°F/90°F||perfect weather||Kolkata in november|
|December||74°F/85°F||perfect weather||Kolkata in december|
Weather and climate in Kolkata
- Between january and february the climate is very good. At lunchtime, it's 92°F in average and, in february, 1 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of march the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 99°F°C and you can expect to have 0.8in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between april and june the climate is unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 92°F and you can expect to have 7.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From july to august the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 94°F as maximum temperature in august and, in august, 19 days of rain are expected.
- In september the climate is okay. By early evening, the temperature averages 85°F.
- In october the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 90°F in average and it rains about 24% of the time in october.
- Between november and december the climate is perfect. The record temperature this month is 92°F and it rains in december about 0.4in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Kolkata
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Kolkata: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Kolkata
Find out when Kolkata has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Kolkata
- Very low season in Kolkata
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: April, May, June, July, August and September.
- Low season in Kolkata
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March and October.
- High season in Kolkata
The number of visitors to Kolkata is high in: November.
- Peek season in Kolkata
The largest number of tourists visiting Kolkata is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Kolkata month by month
Best time for low prices in Kolkata
Average prices of hotels in Kolkata month by month
Generally, September is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Kolkata. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Kolkata
A return flight between London and Kolkata is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 762 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 303 more for your airline ticket to Kolkata if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Kolkata
On average, it costs $ 42 per day to hire a car in Kolkata. This price varies by $ 21 depending on the month. In january, hiring a car costs an average of $ 36 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in october is $ 57.