Best time to go to Darjeeling Average weather of Darjeeling, India
Discover the best time to go to Darjeeling in India from seasonal norms, below.
When is the best time to go to Darjeeling?
When is the best time to go to Darjeeling? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Darjeeling are February, March, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are April, May, June, July, August and September
- The coldest months are January and December
- The rainiest months are June and July
Annual weather in Darjeeling
For full information about the climate and weather in Darjeeling a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||52°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Darjeeling in january|
|February||58°F/65°F||good weather||Darjeeling in february|
|March||65°F/72°F||good weather||Darjeeling in march|
|April||68°F/76°F||tolerable weather||Darjeeling in april|
|May||70°F/76°F||very bad weather||Darjeeling in may|
|June||72°F/77°F||very bad weather||Darjeeling in june|
|July||70°F/76°F||very bad weather||Darjeeling in july|
|August||70°F/76°F||very bad weather||Darjeeling in august|
|September||68°F/76°F||very bad weather||Darjeeling in september|
|October||65°F/72°F||good weather||Darjeeling in october|
|November||59°F/67°F||good weather||Darjeeling in november|
|December||54°F/61°F||good weather||Darjeeling in december|
Weather and climate in Darjeeling
- In january the climate is correct. At lunchtime, it's 59°F in average and you can expect to have 1.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of february and march the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 65°F and you can expect to have 3.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of april the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 76°F as maximum temperature in april and you can expect to have 13.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From may to september the climate is the worst possible. the thermometer goes up to 76°F°C and it rains in september about 23.5in.
- In october the climate is okay. the thermometer goes up to 72°F°C and it rains in october about 8.3in.
- From november to december the climate is beautiful. It is for example 61°F as maximum temperature in december and you can expect to have 0.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Darjeeling
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Darjeeling: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Darjeeling
Find out when Darjeeling has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Darjeeling
- Very low season in Darjeeling
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: August and September.
- Low season in Darjeeling
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, June and July.
- High season in Darjeeling
The number of visitors to Darjeeling is high in: October and November.
- Peak season in Darjeeling
The largest number of tourists visiting Darjeeling is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Darjeeling month by month
Best time for low prices in Darjeeling
Average prices of hotels in Darjeeling month by month
Generally, September is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Darjeeling. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, April is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.