Best time to go to Gabon for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the best time to visit Gabon from seasonal norms in many locations like Lambaréné or Bitam below.
When is the best time to go to Gabon?
When is the best time to go to Gabon? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In July, the weather is good across more than 61% of the territory of Gabon
- The best months to go to Libreville are February, April, May, June and July
- On average, the warmest months in Libreville are January, February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months in this city are October and November
- The cities with the best climate are Franceville and Gamba, with good weather at least 3 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Libreville are January, February, March, April, May, October, November and December
Annual weather in Gabon
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Gabon for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||72°F to 92°F||tolerable weather*|
|February||72°F to 94°F||tolerable weather|
|March||72°F to 94°F||tolerable weather*|
|April||72°F to 92°F||tolerable weather*|
|May||72°F to 90°F||bad weather*|
|June||70°F to 90°F||tolerable weather*|
|July||68°F to 92°F||good weather*|
|August||68°F to 92°F||tolerable weather*|
|September||70°F to 90°F||bad weather*|
|October||70°F to 88°F||bad weather*|
|November||72°F to 88°F||bad weather*|
|December||72°F to 92°F||tolerable weather*|
Best time to travel to Gabon by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Gabon
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Gabon and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Libreville, Bitam, Franceville, Lambaréné and Lastoursville, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Gabon
Find out when Gabon has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Gabon
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, September and October. The number of visitors to Gabon is high in: May, June, July, August, November and December.
- Very low season in Gabon: January, February, March, April and September.
- Low season in Gabon: October.
- High season in Gabon: May, June and November.
- Peek season in Gabon: July, August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Gabon month by month
Average price for flights to Gabon
A return flight between London and Libreville is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 861 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 434 more for your airline ticket to Libreville if you go in august.
Where to go in Gabon?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
What can I do in Gabon?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping