When is the best time to visit Wellington?
What is the best time to go in Wellington? Here is some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for a good weather in Wellington are January, February, March, April and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are June, July, August and September
- The rainiest months are January, April, May, June, July, August, October and December
- February is the more conducive month for swimming
For complete information about climate and weather in Wellington for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||16°C/21°C||85mm||good weather||Wellington in january|
|February||17°C/21°C||63mm||good weather||Wellington in february|
|March||17°C/20°C||58mm||good weather||Wellington in march|
|April||16°C/19°C||85mm||good weather||Wellington in april|
|May||14°C/17°C||93mm||okay weather||Wellington in may|
|June||12°C/15°C||106mm||okay weather||Wellington in june|
|July||11°C/14°C||97mm||okay weather||Wellington in july|
|August||11°C/14°C||95mm||okay weather||Wellington in august|
|September||12°C/14°C||83mm||okay weather||Wellington in september|
|October||13°C/16°C||93mm||okay weather||Wellington in october|
|November||13°C/17°C||59mm||okay weather||Wellington in november|
|December||15°C/20°C||96mm||good weather||Wellington in december|
Weather and climate of Wellington
- From january to april the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 14°C and it rains about 85mm each month.
- Between the months of may and november the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 23°C and it rains in november about 59mm.
- In the month of december the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 18°C.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Wellington
The chart below allows to simultaneously view for the city of Wellington the following seasonal norms: the minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of New Zealand
Wellington appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or places of New Zealand appears on the map with a black icon. Hover them to obtain information about their climate.