When is the best time to visit Tauranga?
What is the best time to go in Tauranga? Here is some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for a good weather in Tauranga are January, February, March, April, May, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May, June, July, August, September and December
- The best months for swimming are February and March
For complete information about climate and weather in Tauranga for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||18°C/24°C||106mm||good weather||Tauranga in january|
|February||18°C/24°C||107mm||good weather||Tauranga in february|
|March||17°C/23°C||82mm||good weather||Tauranga in march|
|April||16°C/20°C||118mm||good weather||Tauranga in april|
|May||12°C/18°C||148mm||good weather||Tauranga in may|
|June||11°C/16°C||164mm||okay weather||Tauranga in june|
|July||9°C/15°C||150mm||okay weather||Tauranga in july|
|August||11°C/15°C||145mm||okay weather||Tauranga in august|
|September||12°C/16°C||133mm||okay weather||Tauranga in september|
|October||14°C/18°C||100mm||good weather||Tauranga in october|
|November||13°C/20°C||59mm||good weather||Tauranga in november|
|December||14°C/22°C||151mm||okay weather||Tauranga in december|
Weather and climate of Tauranga
- Between january and may the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 10°C and it rains about 148mm each month.
- Between the months of june and september the climate is correct. It is for example 16°C as maximum temperature in september and it rains about 47% of the time in september.
- Between the months of october and november the climate is good. The temperature rises to 20°C and it rains about 59mm each month.
- In the month of december the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 22°C as maximum temperature in december and it rains about 151mm each month.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Tauranga
The chart below allows to simultaneously view for the city of Tauranga the following seasonal norms: the minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of New Zealand
Tauranga appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or places of New Zealand appears on the map with a black icon. Hover them to obtain information about their climate.