When is the best time to visit Rotorua?
What is the best time to go in Rotorua? Here is some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for a good weather in Rotorua are January, February, March, April and November
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May, June, August, September and December
For complete information about climate and weather in Rotorua for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||16°C/23°C||126mm||good weather||Rotorua in january|
|February||17°C/23°C||110mm||good weather||Rotorua in february|
|March||16°C/21°C||90mm||good weather||Rotorua in march|
|April||14°C/18°C||126mm||good weather||Rotorua in april|
|May||10°C/15°C||160mm||okay weather||Rotorua in may|
|June||9°C/13°C||169mm||bad weather||Rotorua in june|
|July||7°C/12°C||142mm||bad weather||Rotorua in july|
|August||9°C/13°C||171mm||bad weather||Rotorua in august|
|September||10°C/15°C||176mm||okay weather||Rotorua in september|
|October||12°C/17°C||130mm||okay weather||Rotorua in october|
|November||12°C/20°C||76mm||good weather||Rotorua in november|
|December||13°C/21°C||190mm||okay weather||Rotorua in december|
Weather and climate of Rotorua
- Between the months of january and april the climate is good. It is for example 18°C as maximum temperature in april and it rains about 126mm each month.
- In the month of may the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 15°C as maximum temperature in may and it rains about 40% of the time in may.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is not good. The temperature rises to 13°C and it rains about 47% of the time in august.
- From september to october the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 17°C and it rains about 130mm each month.
- In the month of november the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 20°C°C and it rains in november about 76mm.
- In the month of december the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 18°C and it rains about 190mm each month.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Rotorua
The chart below allows to simultaneously view for the city of Rotorua the following seasonal norms: the minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of New Zealand
Rotorua appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or places of New Zealand appears on the map with a black icon. Hover them to obtain information about their climate.