When is the best time to go to Mývatn?
When is the best time to go to Mývatn? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best month in Mývatn is July
- December is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, February, March, August, October, November and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Mývatn a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-5°C/-2°C||162mm||very bad weather||Mývatn in january|
|February||-5°C/-1°C||140mm||very bad weather||Mývatn in february|
|March||-5°C/-0°C||152mm||very bad weather||Mývatn in march|
|April||-4°C/3°C||112mm||very bad weather||Mývatn in april|
|May||-1°C/7°C||120mm||very bad weather||Mývatn in may|
|June||11°C/13°C||75mm||bad weather||Mývatn in june|
|July||9°C/14°C||128mm||tolerable weather||Mývatn in july|
|August||6°C/13°C||135mm||bad weather||Mývatn in august|
|September||4°C/10°C||125mm||very bad weather||Mývatn in september|
|October||-1°C/3°C||160mm||very bad weather||Mývatn in october|
|November||-3°C/-1°C||160mm||very bad weather||Mývatn in november|
|December||-6°C/-3°C||163mm||very bad weather||Mývatn in december|
Weather and climate in Mývatn
- From january to may the climate is the worst possible. The temperature rises to 7°C and it rains about 120mm each month.
- In the month of june the climate is bad. At lunchtime, it's 12°C in average and you can expect to have 75mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In july the climate is not good, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 14°C°C and it rains about 64% of the time in july.
- In the month of august the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 12°C in average and it rains in august about 135mm.
- Between the months of september and december the climate is very bad. In average, on the morning it is -7°C and, in december, 22 days of rain are expected.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Mývatn
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Mývatn: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Iceland
Mývatn appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Iceland appear on the map with a black icon. Hover for information about the climate.