When is the best time to go to Keflavík?
When is the best time to go to Keflavík? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Keflavík are July and August
- March is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, February, March, September and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Keflavík a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||5°C/6°C||186mm||very bad weather||Keflavík in january|
|February||4°C/6°C||160mm||very bad weather||Keflavík in february|
|March||3°C/6°C||187mm||very bad weather||Keflavík in march|
|April||4°C/7°C||139mm||very bad weather||Keflavík in april|
|May||6°C/9°C||105mm||bad weather||Keflavík in may|
|June||10°C/12°C||76mm||bad weather||Keflavík in june|
|July||11°C/14°C||91mm||tolerable weather||Keflavík in july|
|August||11°C/14°C||131mm||tolerable weather||Keflavík in august|
|September||10°C/12°C||178mm||bad weather||Keflavík in september|
|October||7°C/9°C||143mm||bad weather||Keflavík in october|
|November||6°C/8°C||137mm||very bad weather||Keflavík in november|
|December||4°C/6°C||158mm||very bad weather||Keflavík in december|
Weather and climate in Keflavík
- Between january and april the climate is the worst possible. It is for example 7°C as maximum temperature in april and it rains in april about 139mm.
- Between the months of may and june the climate is bad. The temperature rises to 12°C and it rains in june about 76mm.
- From july to august the climate is okay. By early evening, the temperature averages 13°C and, in august, 15 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of september and october the climate is not good. the thermometer goes up to 9°C°C.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is very unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 6°C°C and you can expect to have 158mm of rainfall/month during this period.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Keflavík
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Keflavík: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Iceland
Keflavík appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Iceland appear on the map with a black icon. Hover for information about the climate.