When is the best time to go to Húsavík?
When is the best time to go to Húsavík? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best month in Húsavík is July
- December is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, February, March, August, October, November and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Húsavík a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-5°C/-2°C||162mm||very bad weather||Húsavík in january|
|February||-5°C/-1°C||140mm||very bad weather||Húsavík in february|
|March||-5°C/-0°C||152mm||very bad weather||Húsavík in march|
|April||-4°C/3°C||112mm||very bad weather||Húsavík in april|
|May||-1°C/7°C||120mm||very bad weather||Húsavík in may|
|June||12°C/13°C||75mm||bad weather||Húsavík in june|
|July||10°C/14°C||128mm||tolerable weather||Húsavík in july|
|August||6°C/13°C||135mm||bad weather||Húsavík in august|
|September||4°C/10°C||125mm||very bad weather||Húsavík in september|
|October||-1°C/3°C||160mm||very bad weather||Húsavík in october|
|November||-3°C/-1°C||160mm||very bad weather||Húsavík in november|
|December||-6°C/-3°C||163mm||very bad weather||Húsavík in december|
Weather and climate in Húsavík
- Between the months of january and may the climate is very unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 6°C in average and you can expect to have 120mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of june the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 12°C in average and it rains in june about 75mm.
- In july the climate is okay. It is for example 14°C as maximum temperature in july and it rains about 128mm each month.
- In august the climate is not good. In average, on the morning it is 6°C and you can expect to have 135mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between september and december the climate is very unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 4°C and it rains in december about 163mm.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Húsavík
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Húsavík: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Iceland
Húsavík appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Iceland appear on the map with a black icon. Hover for information about the climate.