When is the best time to go to Hofn?
When is the best time to go to Hofn? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- December is the coldest month of the year
- January is the rainiest month
For full information about the climate and weather in Hofn a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||4°C/6°C||291mm||very bad weather||Hofn in january|
|February||3°C/5°C||210mm||very bad weather||Hofn in february|
|March||2°C/6°C||202mm||very bad weather||Hofn in march|
|April||2°C/6°C||137mm||very bad weather||Hofn in april|
|May||4°C/8°C||104mm||very bad weather||Hofn in may|
|June||8°C/11°C||48mm||bad weather||Hofn in june|
|July||9°C/13°C||108mm||bad weather||Hofn in july|
|August||9°C/13°C||150mm||bad weather||Hofn in august|
|September||9°C/11°C||191mm||bad weather||Hofn in september|
|October||6°C/8°C||227mm||very bad weather||Hofn in october|
|November||5°C/7°C||217mm||very bad weather||Hofn in november|
|December||2°C/5°C||220mm||very bad weather||Hofn in december|
Weather and climate in Hofn
- From january to may the climate is the worst possible. The temperature rises to 8°C.
- Between the months of june and september the climate is unfavorable. It is for example 11°C as maximum temperature in september and it rains about 54% of the time in september.
- From october to december the climate is very bad. the thermometer goes up to 5°C°C and it rains about 55% of the time in december.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Hofn
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Hofn: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Iceland
Hofn appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Iceland appear on the map with a black icon. Hover for information about the climate.