When is the best time to go to Eyjafjallajökull?
When is the best time to go to Eyjafjallajökull? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Eyjafjallajökull are July and August
- The coldest months are March and April
- The rainiest months are January, February, March, September, October and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Eyjafjallajökull a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||6°C/7°C||237mm||very bad weather||Eyjafjallajökull in january|
|February||5°C/7°C||201mm||very bad weather||Eyjafjallajökull in february|
|March||4°C/6°C||237mm||very bad weather||Eyjafjallajökull in march|
|April||4°C/7°C||172mm||very bad weather||Eyjafjallajökull in april|
|May||6°C/9°C||101mm||bad weather||Eyjafjallajökull in may|
|June||9°C/12°C||77mm||bad weather||Eyjafjallajökull in june|
|July||11°C/14°C||94mm||tolerable weather||Eyjafjallajökull in july|
|August||11°C/14°C||139mm||tolerable weather||Eyjafjallajökull in august|
|September||10°C/12°C||213mm||bad weather||Eyjafjallajökull in september|
|October||7°C/10°C||190mm||bad weather||Eyjafjallajökull in october|
|November||7°C/8°C||158mm||very bad weather||Eyjafjallajökull in november|
|December||4°C/6°C||192mm||very bad weather||Eyjafjallajökull in december|
Weather and climate in Eyjafjallajökull
- From january to april the climate is very unfavorable. The temperature rises to 7°C and you can expect to have 172mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- From may to june the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 11°C in average and it rains about 42% of the time in june.
- Between july and august the climate is okay. the thermometer goes up to 14°C°C and it rains about 139mm each month.
- From september to october the climate is not good. The record temperature this month is 17°C and it rains about 61% of the time in october.
- From november to december the climate is very unfavorable. The temperature rises to 6°C and it rains about 59% of the time in december.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Eyjafjallajökull
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Eyjafjallajökull: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Iceland
Eyjafjallajökull appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Iceland appear on the map with a black icon. Hover for information about the climate.